A. Vision Statement
A government of integrity headed by God-loving, virtuous and honorable leaders in all its branches, resulting to efficiency of public service geared towards honesty and truth
B. Mission Statement
The Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission shall, on behalf of the President, ensure accountability of public officers and take effective measures against graft and corruption in the public sector, achieved through the proper observance of due process in the administration of justice.
C. Sworn Manifesto/Integrity Pledge
We the officers and employees of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission, in pursuit of the President’s directive to weed out corruption in his administration, through our full cooperation with the different branches of the government in the fulfillment of our mandate, have jointly, voluntarily, and whole-heartedly agree to do the following without mental reservation and purpose of evasion, to wit:
- Free ourselves from corruption activities;
- Combat corruption in our own districts and offices;
- Cooperate with our government in combatting corruption;
- Remain loyal to our oaths of office;
- Inform the government of all corrupt activities that come to our knowledge, provided we accorded due protection and anonymity, if necessary;
Should we fail to fulfill our commitment as provided for by this manifesto, we voluntarily open ourselves to investigation.
So help us GOD.
D. Agency Mandate
Under Executive Order No. 43, s. 2017 and its amendment Executive Order No. 73, s. 2018 , the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) shall directly assist the President in investigating and/or hearing administrative cases primarily involving graft and corruption against all presidential appointees, as defined in Sec. 5 thereof, and to perform such other similar duties as the President may direct.
The PACC is also authorized to conduct lifestyle checks and fact-finding inquiries on acts and omissions of all covered presidential employees, inside and outside of the executive branch of the government, which may be violative of the Constitution, or contrary to law, rules and regulations, and/or constitute serious misconduct tantamount to betrayal of public trust.
E. Legal Basis
The PACC is organized and primarily derives its mandate from E.O. No. 43, s. 2017 and its amendment Executive Order No. 73, s. 2018. It carries out this mandate as an agency under the Office of the President, headed by the Chairman and the Commissioners thereof.
In relation, Par. (a), Sec. 5 of E.O. No. 43, s. 2017 and the added provisions in its amendment Executive Order No. 73, s. 2018 states other pertinent laws, rules, and regulations that provide for the grounds upon which an action with the PACC may be based on, namely: (i) Executive Order No. 292, s. 1987 otherwise known as the Administrative Code of 1987, (ii) Chapter 2, Title 7, Book II, of Act No. 3815 as amended, otherwise known as the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines, (iii) Republic Act No. 3019 as amended, otherwise known as the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act, (iv) Republic Act No. 1379, or An Act Declaring Forfeiture in Favor of the State Any Property Found to Have Been Unlawfully Acquired by Any Public Officer or Employee and Providing for the Proceedings Therefor, (v) Republic Act No. 6713, otherwise known as the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officers and Employees, (vi) Rules and Regulations duly promulgated by competent authority to implement any of the foregoing laws and issuances, and/or (vii) Such other violations as may be referred to the Commission by the President.
Additionally, by virtue of Sec. 14 of E.O. No. 43, s. 2017, the PACC has promulgated and adopted Resolution No. 001, or the “Implementing Rules and Regulations of the PACC” (PACC-IRR), and Resolution No. 005, or “the Rules of Procedure of the PACC” (PACC-ROP), for the effective implementation of said Executive Order.
F. Core Functions
• Review and consider concerns and reports on graft, corruption, and other acts or omissions of public officers and employees subject to administrative liability;
• Investigate and/or hear administrative cases within the jurisdiction of the PACC;
• Conduct fact-finding inquires and/or lifestyle checks on all officers and employees in the public service; and
• Report findings of investigations in cases handled and recommend appropriate legal and administrative action/s thereon.
G. Frontline Service
H. Sample Forms
I. Organizational Structure
J. Mandated Function of Department/Offices
1. Office of the Chairman
- Presides over the meetings of the Commission;
- Directs and supervises the implementation and execution of policies, rules and regulations, rules of procedure, among others, provided by the Commission;
- Appoints, promotes, and disciplines the personnel of the Secretariat;
- Coordinates with the other Commissioners to provide the overall policy direction for the Commission;
- In coordination with other Commissioners, exercises end-authority in the performance of all duties and functions of the Commission Proper (see Functions of the Commission Proper above), and as provided for by Executive Order No. 43, series of 2017, and other related laws, issuances, etc.;
- Transmittal of Notice of Resolution/Decision to the President;
- Reporting to the President, or his duly designated representative, on cases handled by the PACC;
2. Office of the Commissioners
- Coordinates with the other Commissioners to ensure the overall implementation of policy direction for the Commission;
- In coordination with other Commissioners, performs all duties and functions of the Commission Proper (see Functions of the Commission Proper above), and as provided for by Executive Order No. 43, series of 2017, and other related laws, issuances, etc.;
- Reporting to the President, or his duly designated representative, on cases handled by the PACC.
3. Office of the Executive Director
- Mainly responsible for the administrative supervision of the Commission’s different Services and quality management in the Commission
- Responsible for the overall effective performance of the Commission’s mandate, and the coordination and implementation of the Commission’s different programs, projects, and activities.
- Reviews all reports and recommendations from the different Services;
- Manages all programs, projects, and activities of the Commission, including progress monitoring and performance evaluation;
- Prepares reports on the activities of the Commission in carrying out its mandate, and for the purpose shall coordinate with the different offices
4. General Administration Support Service
- Responsible for all matters related to administrative, budget and finance, procurement and audit;
- Prepares budget proposals and requests budget releases from the Office of the President;
- Prepares procurement documents for the logistical requirements;
- Prepares documentation and liquidation of expenses in coordination with the Office of the President-Finance Office (OP-FO) and the OP resident auditor to ensure compliance to all pertinent budgeting, accounting, auditing and procurement rules and regulations; and
- Frequently liaises and coordiantes with OP-Finance and Administration Office.
5. Investigation Service
- Conducting formal investigations and hearings on docketed complaints in accordance with governing rules of procedure;
- Conducting fact-finding investigations, case build-up, and information gathering on cases initiated by the PACC motu proprio; and
- Conducting investigations on presidential appointees in the AFP & PNP upon instructions from the President of Republic of the Philippines;
- Conducting lifestyle and asset consistency checks (i.e. veracity and truthfulness of Statement of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth, proportionality of compensation and other income during incumbency, transfer or conveyance of unlawfully acquired property during incumbency, etc.)
6. Adjudication Service
- Review of Investigation Report; and
- Drafting of Orders and Resolutions/Decisions with statement of findings of investigations with a recommendation of the appropriate action based thereon, applying pertinent laws, rules, regulations, and jurisprudence;
7. Technical and Monitoring, Service
- Review of propriety of jurisdiction and sufficiency in form and substance of received documents and papers categorized as “Concerns”;
- Proper disposition of documents and papers categorized as “Letters”, “Reports”, “Pending”, or “Others”, according to internal administrative rules and policies;
- Referral and/or indorsement to proper agency and or body of cases and concerns outside the jurisdiction of the PACC;
- Monitoring of relevant and issues of public knowledge and interest concerning graft and corruption;
- Ensuring compliance with and enforcement of lawful administrative orders and/or sanctions issued by competent authority (e.g., orders of suspensions or dismissal by the PACC, Ombudsman, Civil Service Commission, and other disciplinary bodies or officers)
8. Case Records and Docket Division
- Responsible for developing standards and processes for the management of organizational records in compliance with applicable legislations and standards.
- Referencing of documents and papers received by the PACC;
- Transmittal of letter acknowledging receipt of actionable papers and documents;
- Categorizing of received document and papers (i.e., “Concerns”, “Letters”, “Reports”, “Pending”, or “Others”);
- Docketing of “Concerns” within the jurisdiction of PACC sufficient in form and substance (i.e., Formal Complaint);
K. Process Flowchart
PRESIDENTIAL ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION
G/F Floor, Palacio del Gobernador Intramuros, Manila
Gen. Luna St., cor. A. Soriano St., Intramuros Manila, Philippines
PACC Tel No: (02) 8967-7051
PACC SMS Hotline: (0906) 692-7324
DIRECTORY OF KEY OFFICIALS
A. Office of the Chairman
GRECO B. BELGICA
Date of Appointment: March 15, 2021
C. Technical and Monitoring Division
ATTY. YVETTE C. CONTACTO, CPA
Date of Appointment: September 18, 2020
D. Investigation Division
ATTY. RICKSON L. CHIONG
Date of Appointment: January 12, 2018
E. Adjudication Division
ATTY. DANILO D.C. YANG
Date of Appointment: July 24, 2020
F. Office of the Executive Director
ATTY. FORTUNATO G. GUERRERO
Date of Appointment: July 3, 2020