- Any person;
- Who gives, offers or promises money or anything of value, gives or promises any office or employment, franchise or grant, public or private, or makes or offers to make an expenditure, directly or indirectly, or cause an expenditure to be made to any person, association, corporation, entity, or community; and
- The purpose of which is to induce anyone or the public in general to vote for or against any candidate (or withhold his vote in the election for yote for or against any aspirant for the nomination or choice of a candidate in a convention or similar process of a political party.
- Any person, association, corporation, group or community;
- Solicits or receives, directly or indirectly, any expenditure or promise of any office or employment, public or private; and
- The purpose is to induce anyone or the public in general to vote for or against any candidate or withhold his vote in the election, or to vote for or against any aspirant for the nomination or choice of a candidate in a convention or similar selection process of a political party.
Any person found guilty of any election offense under this Code shall be punished with imprisonment of not less than one year but not more than six years and shall not be subject to probation. In addition, the guilty party shall be sentenced to suffer disqualification to hold public office and deprivation of the right of suffrage. If he is a foreigner, he shall be sentenced to deportation which shall be enforced after the prison term has been served. Any political party found guilty shall be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than ten thousand pesos, which shall be imposed upon such party after criminal action has been instituted in which their corresponding officials have been found guilty. (Section 264, OEC)
PACC urges everyone to refrain from selling your votes and vote in accordance with one’s conscience and preference, based on the candidate’s platform and dedication to lead this country to a better future.